Thursday, February 19, 2009

Interior Design and the Classroom

I was reading another blog that was talking about if we could design our own classrooms and I agreed a lot with what it had to say. I would love to paint my walls a nice color other than the dirty looking white of three walls, and the remaining walls dark green. I also would love to get rid of my desks and have nice tables that kids could work together at. However, since I have no control over what my seating is like, or what color my walls are, I have to get better at the things I can control!

There are many times I have walked into other people's classrooms and thought how nice, clean, and welcoming they are. There are also rooms I go to that look quite the opposite. We all have the same basic ugly walls and written on desks with gum stuck to the bottom, but some teachers manage to do so much more with their rooms than others. I really hope to get better at this. It is hard because I struggle with decorating, and interior design in my own home and have to ask my sister to help me decorate. This goes back to me not being an artsy person! So, I am excited to do the project for this module on comparing the Starbucks and the Dunkin Donuts, and I hope to learn some things, however small they may be, that maybe I can take back to my classroom.

No comments: